Scientist or Senior Scientist Tumor Microenvironment, Ex Vivo Therapeutics
This role can be based in Seattle, WA (preferred) or Durham, NC.
What We Value:
Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company founded by world-class leaders in epigenome editing. At Tune, we strive to develop paradigm-changing cell and gene therapies that leverage epigenetic programming for the treatment of devastating diseases. We are building a highly skilled and dynamic team with expertise that spans drug discovery through commercialization. We are passionate about the science of epigenetic editing and its potential to transform patient care.
As part of the Tune team developing cellular therapies for cancer, the Scientist/Senior Scientist Tumor Microenvironment (TME), will be responsible for preclinical research efforts from discovery to IND-enabling studies. In this role, the Scientist/Senior Scientist TME will be involved in both hands-on bench work as well leading development of concepts and strategy for research initiatives across functional groups. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated background in independently driving dynamic research projects with a sense of urgency and high standards. Highly team-oriented outlook and ability to prioritize multiple work streams are a must.
- Design and execute preclinical studies that advance candidate strategies for overcoming TME-mediated suppressive mechanisms
- Develop novel fit for purpose assays to address hypothesized solutions
- Analyze data, interpret results and present findings for both internal and external audiences. Integrate findings to propose next steps, and participate in development of novel intellectual property
- Evaluate opportunities for new research initiatives, both internally and with potential external collaborators.
- Assist with oversight of experimental design, data integrity and interpretation reported by research associates. Opportunity for development of management experience.
- Work with colleagues to maintain laboratory in good working order as well as uphold standards of safety.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and other documentation as need for regulatory filings.
- Participate in company events
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD with 0- 2+ years or MS with 6+ years or BS with degree with minimum 8+ years of experience.
- Background in Oncology, Tumor Biology, or Immunology or other relevant biomedical scientific field.
- Experience with preclinical tumor and/or immune-oncology models.
- Experience with execution and data analysis of multi-parameter flow cytometry, Cell imaging, cytokine secretion assays
- Design and independently perform experiments and contribute to scientific discussions.
- Critical thinking and an ability to read and analyze literature in the field.
- Work collaboratively with project lead and team of scientists.
- Plan, design, manage and prioritize experimental timelines to maximize productivity.
- Ability to lead and mentor research associates and peers.
- Experience juggling multiple priorities with a focus on alignment with company goals.
- Experience with Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with CAR or engineered TCR T cell biology and functional assays
- Experience with cytolytic assays using Incucyte live cell imaging platform
- Experience with intracellular cytokine analysis and cellular proliferation flow cytometry assays.
- Experience in general molecular biology and tissue culture techniques including aseptic procedures, mammalian cell culture, PCR, and extraction of DNA/RNA.
Explore Passionately… Innovate Boldly… Execute Selflessly… Come bring the song to life!
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line