Scientist, Molecular and Vector Analytics
Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company founded by world-class leaders in epigenome editing. At Tune, we strive to develop paradigm-changing cell and gene therapies that leverage epigenetic programming for the treatment of devastating diseases. We are building a highly skilled and dynamic team with expertise that spans drug discovery through commercialization. We are passionate about the science of epigenetic editing and its potential to transform patient care.
Tune is looking for a critical thinker and a team player to join our Product Development team to help realize the promise of epigenetic programming. As a Scientist at Tune Therapeutics, you will be tasked with advancing various research and development programs from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. In this role, you will be responsible for developing molecular based methods to characterize epigenome edits of Tune’s Drug Products. The candidate should have experience developing molecular assays in ddPCR and NGS-based platforms for a pharmaceutical/biotech setting. Additionally, the candidate should have experience producing AAV and lentiviral vectors. The candidate will have excellent communication skills where she/he will routinely participate in cross functional collaboration with other groups, such as, research, process and product development, and Quality Control.
- Independently design, produce, and titer AAV and Lentiviral vectors
- Develop molecular techniques to analyze Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) and lentiviral vectors
- Develop panels for next generation sequencing (NGS) based platforms to evaluate epigenetic modifications
- Develop molecular methods for measuring gene expression of target genes in a variety of cell types
- Analyze data, interpret results and present findings for both internal and external audiences. Integrate findings to propose next steps, and participate in development of novel intellectual property
- Work within a cross functional team to develop IND-enabling analytical package
- Work with colleagues to maintain laboratory in good working order as well as uphold standards of safety.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and other documentation as need for regulatory filings.
- Author technical documents including development and qualification reports.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- PhD with 0- 2+ years or MS with 6+ years or BS with degree with minimum 8+ years of experience.
- Background in cell biology, Immunology, microbiology, bioengineering, or relevant biomedical sciences required.
- Experience with development of PCR, qPCR and ddPCR assays
- Experience in general molecular biology techniques including extraction of DNA/RNA.
- Experience constructing, generating, and evaluating Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) in vitro.
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing or epigenetic editing approaches.
- Experience with library preparation for NGS
- Familiar with RNA and DNA production, scale-up, and analytics.
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation.
- Experience with Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN).
- Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop robust and reliable assays that answer critical questions.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills working cross functionally and maintain strong stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and assess potential in overcoming current scientific obstacles.
Explore Passionately… Innovate Boldly… Execute Selflessly… Come bring the song to life!
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line