Research Associate, Vector Core
Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company developing novel epigenome modifiers for the treatment of disease, with interests in both cell and gene therapy. Across our Durham and Seattle sites, our team brings together committed scientists with expertise ranging from basic discovery to clinical development. We are excited about discovery-stage science as well as translating new technologies to improve patient health in the clinic.
As a Research Associate at Tune Tx, you will be tasked with advancing various research and development programs from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. This role will be an active part of a team responsible for carrying out research projects contributing to development of novel gene and cell therapy products as well as the preclinical translational of such approaches in accordance with Tune Tx goals. You will be working in a fast-paced, multifunctional, and flexible team-centric environment with a high degree of independence in working towards collaborative goals.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- BS with 2-5 years of academic or industry experience
- Background in cell biology, immunology, bioengineering, or relevant biomedical sciences required.
- Experience in general molecular biology and tissue culture techniques including aseptic procedures, Cell culture, PCR, and extraction of DNA/RNA.
- Ability to independently perform experiments and contribute to scientific discussions.
- Critical thinking and an ability to read and analyze literature in the field.
- Work collaboratively with project leads and team of scientists.
- Experience with viral vector production (AAV and Lentiviral)
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry and data analysis
- Responsible for production and titering of AAV and Lentiviral vectors
- Responsible for independently performing preclinical experiments to assist in vitro characterization of Tune Tx’s therapeutic products.
- Responsible for data analysis, presentation, and interpretation of experiments as well as proposed next steps to achieve time-sensitive company goals and milestones.
- Deep dive, willingness to innovate and collaborate with team members.
- Responsible for lab management and shared lab responsibilities to increase productivity
Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.