Head of Program Management
Tune Therapeutics, Inc. is orchestrating the power of the epigenome to treat complex, pervasive diseases that have long eluded treatment. With its versatile and powerful TEMPO epigenomic control platform, Tune’s experienced team is pioneering a new therapeutic modality that can fine-tune any gene network. In breaking free from the limitations of traditional gene and cell therapies, Tune is developing solutions for even the most challenging and intractable diseases – and building the capacity to transform human health and medicine.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated leader to play a vital role, as the Head of Program Management, in the company’s efforts to progress potentially transformative epi-edited therapies from the bench to patients. The candidate will be responsible for providing strong leadership and expertise to drive teams (internal and external) to execute on program deliverables and initiatives required to meet the goals of the organization. The successful candidate will work closely cross-functionally to rapidly advance the drug discovery and therapeutic programs. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic and cross-functional team environment while building and leading a team of Program Managers. This role will report to the President & Chief Financial Officer.
- Provide high quality program management to an innovative portfolio of exploratory and drug discovery programs from idea through to IND.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the drug discovery process to guide program teams to define the key scientific questions, program strategy and objectives, translating these into optimal deliverables, cross-functional plans, timelines and budgets.
- Partner with the Program Leader to drive and lead the program team.
- Identify and mitigate program risks with input from team members.
- Ensure all decisions made on the program are assessed as to their impact.
- Work closely with Finance, Portfolio Strategy and the cross-functional program teams to establish program related budgets and resourcing plans. Is accountable to monitor plans and ensure programs have the required resources and budget.
- Will interface with and drive collaboration cross-functionally
- Lead the Program Management Team to build the PMO including defining, establishing, and maintaining the program management tools and systems to enable efficient and effective management, tracking and reporting of the research programs.
- Ensure efficient and effective communications of program related information to all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Manage alliances and/or partnerships associated with their assigned programs.
- Lead and/or manage strategic or platform development projects as required.
- BS/MS Degree in a scientific discipline, ideally life science or chemistry.
- 10 years relevant experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery and development, as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug discovery (preclinical and clinical).
- 5+ years of Project Management experience in drug discovery and development.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading a team. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Scientific curiosity and passion for discovering new, innovative medicines.
- Openness to embrace new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery
- Proven track record in driving successful, collaborative drug discovery teams.
- PMP certification