Associate Scientist, Molecular Analysis of Epigenetic Editing
Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company founded by world-class leaders in epigenome editing. At Tune, we strive to develop paradigm-changing cell and gene therapies that leverage epigenetic programming for the treatment of devastating diseases. We are building a highly skilled and dynamic team with expertise that spans drug discovery through commercialization. We are passionate about the science of epigenetic editing and its potential to transform patient care.
Tune is looking for a critical thinker and a team player to join our Product Development team to help realize the promise of epigenetic programming. As a Scientist at Tune Tx, you will be tasked with advancing various research and development programs from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. In this role, you will be responsible for developing molecular based methods to characterize epigenome edits of Tune’s Drug Products. The candidate should have experience developing molecular assays in a ddPCR platform for a pharmaceutical/biotech setting. The candidate will have excellent communication skills where she/he will routinely participate in cross functional collaboration with other groups, such as, research, process and product development, and Quality Control.
The candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Independently develop reverse transcription based methods to characterize epigenome edits of Tune’s Drug Products.
- Experience with using molecular techniques to analyze AAV serotypes.
- Candidate would ideally have some prior experience with panel designs for basic NGS based platforms.
- Work within a cross functional team to develop IND-enabling analytical package
- Analyze, interpret, and present data to key stakeholders.
- Maintain organized and accurate lab documentation.
- Maintain lab equipment and reagents.
- Lead investigations and troubleshooting experiments as the subject matter expert with minimal guidance.
- Mentor junior staff by training on methods, data analysis, and equipment.
- Author procedures, protocols, and reports.
Education and Experience Required
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Life Sciences, or related fields (MS: 3-5 years, BS: 5+ years)
- Background in cell biology, Immunology, bioengineering, or relevant biomedical sciences required.
- Experience with PCR, qPCR and ddPCR reaction design/troubleshooting
- Experience with independent primer and probe pair design
- Experience in general molecular biology techniques including extraction of DNA/RNA.
- Experience constructing, generating, and evaluating Adeno Associated Virus (AAV) in vitro.
- Familiar with CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing or epigenetic editing approaches.
- Familiar with RNA and DNA production, scale-up, and analytics.
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation.
- Experience with Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN).
- Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop robust and reliable assays that answer critical questions.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills working cross functionally and maintain strong stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and assess potential in overcoming current scientific obstacles.
Explore Passionately… Innovate Boldly… Execute Selflessly… Come bring the song to life!
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.