Associate Engineer or Engineer, Viral Vector Development
This role can be based in Seattle, WA or Durham NC.
Tune Therapeutics is a cutting-edge biotechnology company founded by world-class leaders in epigenome editing. At Tune, we strive to develop paradigm-changing cell and gene therapies that leverage epigenetic programming for the treatment of devastating diseases. We are building a highly skilled and dynamic team with expertise that spans drug discovery through commercialization. We are passionate about the science of epigenetic editing and its potential to transform patient care.
Delivery technology is critical in developing epigenetic therapies. We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Engineer or Engineer in process development to help realize the promise of epigenetic programming. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in the development of viral vector delivery platforms to advance multiple epigenetic therapy programs through preclinical and clinical development. You will participate in exploration of next generation AAV capsid technologies and drive their adoption. In addition, you will work with a dynamic and fast-paced group to drive delivery. You will help shape and sustain an innovative and inclusive culture as a member of the Tune community.
- Design and execute experiments to support viral vector production, optimization and scale up for multiple viral vector platforms
- Write, optimize SOPs, batch reports, WIs, technical documents and reports
- Communicate and present results to various stakeholders including analytical, finance, tech ops teams
- Serve as SME to internal and external stakeholders
- Train junior personnel
- B.S. 2-5+ years or M.S. 1-3+ years in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent field
- In-depth knowledge of process development unit operations: cell culture (including bioreactors), harvest/recovery, chromatography, TFF, formulations
- Familiarity with analytics/bioassays for biological molecules, particularly viral vector
- Rigorous adherence to good documentation practices (GDP)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment under rapidly changing priorities
- Good communication, ability to work well within and in cross-functional team settings
Additional skills preferred:
- Process knowledge and experience with AAV and lentiviral production and analytics
- Experience with biophysical and cell-based assays for AAV and lentiviral analysis
- Experience with STR bioreactors, WAVE, AMBR
- Deep knowledge of chromatographic separation methods: FPLC: IEX, affinity, SEC using AKTA chromatography systems
- HPLC methods: IEX, SEC
- Deep understanding of filtration and formulations: TFF, UF/DF, TFDF
- Preparation of SOPs, Batch Reports
- Process characterization, FMEA
Explore Passionately… Innovate Boldly… Execute Selflessly… Come bring the song to life!
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Tune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tune Therapeutics is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.